Forecast Bar – Weather + Radar 5.0.2
Powered by Forecast.io, Forecast Bar offers hyper accurate, hyper local live weather and forecasts right in your menu bar. With beautiful background images matching current weather conditions and time of day along with a simple and clean interface you will find yourself checking the weather non-stop!
Clicking on Forecast Bar opens up a gorgeous panel full of rich and relevant weather information, including:
– Current conditions, with current, feels like, high, and low temperatures, cloud conditions, as well as relative humidity
– A succinct description of the weather for the next hour, and next 24 hours
– Rich, animated charts showing temperature and rain forecasts for the next 8 hours
– When rain is detected in the next hour, an animated chart showing rain intensity*
– 5 day forecast, with high and low temperatures and weather conditions
– Stunning animated icons for each weather condition (plus two additional icon packs to switch between)
– A gorgeous image matching the weather conditions (which can be dimmed or hidden entirely)
– Full description of all local NWS severe weather alerts (U.S. only), including Notification Center support
Clicking again on the current conditions displays a rich, animated panel with additional information, including:
– Current wind conditions with an animated compass
– Dew point and humidity readings, with a “mugginess” animated gauge
– Pressure indicator with trend information
– Sunrise and sunset times for the day
– Current moon phase
– Visibility reading
You can also tap on any day’s forecast to see a full 24 hour temperature and precipitation chart, along with an hour-by-hour sky condition chart. You can also tap on the radar icon to view an interactive, animated global radar map provided by Forecast.io.
By tapping on the location name, you can have up to 5 recent locations, as well as a Current Location choice to always use automatic location finding. By default, Forecast Bar will automatically detect which units to use for your location, or lets you override them.
Forecast Bar offers full support for light and dark menu bar modes, and carefully conserves your computer’s power. You can even fully customize what shows in your menu bar, or assign a global keyboard shortcut to show Forecast Bar any time!
If you have any ideas or problems with Forecast Bar, drop us an email or add them to our support site!
Forecast Bar provides you with a complete, fully featured weather app that updates every hour. Since we use Forecast.io, a premium weather provider, we have to pay for each request. If you would prefer more frequent updates (10, 15 or 30 minutes), we have added the ability to upgrade within the app to these frequencies.
This is entirely optional; Forecast Bar will remain functional without any additional purchases or subscriptions of any kind.
This huge update brings a brand new weather provider from The Weather Company! Powered by IBM’s Watson, The Weather Company provides access to thousands of hyper-local personal weather stations bringing you the most accurate reports as well as long-range 14 day forecasts. Additionally, we’ve crushed bugs and issues reported by customers.