Award Winner of Mac Informer 5* Editor’s Pick Award
App of the Week in Mac.informer, Macitynet and Macgasm
“Great App! The simplicity yet perforamce and customization is impressive! Nice job! XB” – Xan Bar
“My favorite thing is that it doesn’t compress video if you choose a video as a wallpaper, so my native 4k videos don’t get degraded.” -rkzemke
“Backgrounds is, as the name implies, a Desktop background utility that truly, madly, deeply thinks different. Instead of merely changing the photo, Backgrounds changes everything” – Mac360
“It is designed for Mac users who want to make the backgrounds of their computer screens more attractive, stylish, and dynamic. This can be done by adding brand new features and helpful widgets to your screen to achieve an exquisite and original desktop appearance.” – mac.informer
Your desktop, like never before.
Make your desktop more interesting, and useful, with 6 themes: iTunes, Parallax, Video, Quartz, System and Time.
Includes one Notification Center Today Widget for monitoring your CPU and Network.
1) iTunes Theme:
Shows the artwork of iTunes’ current track as a wallpaper. Or a music video
– Play a video that matches the current track, excellent for playing music videos.
– Use the track’s first artwork, a random one, the one that best matches the current display or all artworks changing every 20 seconds.
– Activates automatically when music is playing.
– Fullscreen mode available.
2) Parallax Theme:
Give depth to your desktop by moving the cursor.
– Uses the user desktop image or images.
– Flip the x or y axis movement direction.
3) Video Theme:
Play any video as your desktop wallpaper.
– Express yourself with your own videos and live wallpapers
– Add your own video loop to make it even better.
– Add multiple files and play everything as a playlist.
4) Quartz Theme:
Run any Quartz Composition as a wallpaper.
– Make your own Quartz Compositions or download them.
– Access to iTunes current track info.
5) System Theme:
Monitor the CPU and Network usage.
– Get a glance of your system from Notification Center with the included widget.
– Set your own bandwidth speed limits or leave it as 0 for dynamic mode.
– Set it as transparent for combining it with your Desktop Image.
– Adjust the pointer speed and the update frequency.
– Set the size and position that you like the most.
– Measure your connection as bits or bytes.
– Stack gauges vertically.
6) Time Theme:
Know the time from your Desktop.
– Customise attributes like the Font, Size, Position, Color and Shadow.
– Show or hide the day, month and seconds.
– Supports Multiple Monitors with different preferences each.
– You can even combine them. Set the System and Time themes to be present always, either when you are using or not other themes like iTunes, Parallax, Video or Quartz.
Enjoy it, spread the love and share it with your friends.
Don’t forget to rate and review the app 😉
We appreciate your comments. Let us know how we can help you.
Backgrounds 7.2 improves the user experience and performance.
• Double click shows the current player when ‘Hide Desktop icons’ is enabled and ‘Double click to show Desktop’ is disabled
• Adds localization support and uses the user’s preferred language
• User experience improvements
• UI improvements
• Internal improvements
• Music and Video themes no longer register as now playing, leaving widget and media keys control to other apps like iTunes or Safari
• Fixes an issue in the System Network gauges that showed the total value instead of the value per second when an update interval different than 1 second was selected
Have any feedback? We’d love to hear it at [email protected]
Download Backgrounds for macOS Free Cracked